Amy Martin Rodriguez, PhD, is available to come speak to your parent’s group on a variety of related topics. Below, please find the details of her most recent presentations.
5 Keys to Elevating Your Child’s SAT Score for
Acceptance at the Best Colleges
In this presentation you will learn the following:
- The best way to improve Vocabulary for Critical Reading
- 4 Surprising Skills that your child needs on the Math Section
- All of the grammar your child needs for the Writing Section
- The 5 steps to writing a perfect essay every time
- The strategy that most tutors do not teach students for the toughest Critical Reading questions
In our experience we have seen that:
- Just 3 hours per week of studying for 2 months can often significantly raise your child’s SAT score!
- Prep must include basic skills review AND practice tests!
- Students must go back and look over their wrong answers and figure out what went wrong!
We have found that it is essential that students also:
- Review the math and grammar they have had years to forget
- Interpret the tricky language of critical reading passages
- Increase vocabulary without memorizing lists of words
- Learn to look for the common mistakes that always show up in the writing section
- Develop a formula for writing the essay and practice it with a timer
- Learn how to solve the toughest math problems “creatively”
With the techniques that Amy will show you, your child will go into the SAT exam with the expertise and confidence he or she needs to achieve a top score. This will put your child on the path to gaining acceptance at the top universities and ultimately to a successful future career.
“Within a month and a half Alyssa’s score increased by 700 points. We really like the fact that Amy adjusts the assignments to Alyssa’s needs. We’re very grateful to Amy for all of her help.” Sandra M., Parent of Senior, Leigh High School 2011
Book Amy to Speak at Your Parent’s Group
If you are interested in engaging Amy for a speaking event, our to a small group of your friends at your home, please call Excellence for College at (408) 823-9999 or email us at your convenience.