Well, it’s time to get the word out, since the essay will be much more complex and challenging.
So what has changed?
- The prompts are no longer directly related to student or teen life. They now focus on much more general issues.
- Three perspectives are given and students must provide insight and analysis on each one of them.
- Students can no longer take a simple one-sided stance on the topic. To get a high score, students must develop a complex and nuanced argument.
- The time limit has been increased from 30 to 40 minutes.
- An overall writing score of 1-36 will be given. And 4 domain scores of 2-12 will be given in the following areas:
- Ideas and Analysis
- Development and Support
- Language Use and Conventions
Get started in preparing for this new “Enhanced” Writing Section by writing a practice essay today. Find a practice prompt here.